The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies (SCSS) announces immediate openings for policy and advocacy interns to assist in the expansion of its Washington, D.C. operations.
Duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitor Yemen related policy developments in the White House, Congress and other arms of the US government.
- Attend meetings with partner organizations, officials and members of congress and various governmental and non-governmental entities in Washington DC.
- Assist in the drafting of monthly newsletters and contribute to publications.
- Conduct background research on particular issues and government policies.
- Plan and implement events sponsored by SCSS in Washington DC.
- Interns could be enrolled in an undergraduate degree or have a B.A. in International Relations, Conflict Studies, International Development, related fields and/or relevant experience.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English (knowledge of Arabic is a plus).
- Familiarity with the situation and internal dynamics in Yemen is preferable.
- Past advocacy experience is preferable.
The internships are full and part time for a duration of four to six months, with the possibility of extension. The internship is expected to start as soon as the selected interns confirmed. Remote work is a possibility.
Interested applicants should submit an application consisting of a cover letter, CV, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: DC Policy Internship. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies (SCSS) is an independent policy and research think-tank that provides new approaches to understanding Yemen and the surrounding region, through balanced perspectives, in-depth studies and expert analysis. Founded in 2014, the SCSS conducts research and consultation in the fields of political, economic, civil and social development, in addition to providing technical and analytical advice regarding key issues of local, regional and international concern.