The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Head of Operations. As Head of Operations, the selected candidate will work closely with the deputy executive director, project managers, partners, administration and financial teams. Primary duties would involve coordinating and supervising programmatic and administration functions at the Sana’a Center.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
- Supervise and manage the implementation of the Center’s various programs and projects.
- Manage a project team, at times taking a hands on approach.
- Coordinate and lead donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure internal and inter-departmental communication is fluid and utilized to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide a leadership support function to teams and lead staff to achieve production goals.
- Manage budgets and costs effectively.
- Act as a liaison between senior management and project managers.
- Ensure key performance indicators are in place and delivery targets are met.
- Lead the implementation of new policies and procedures relating to the Center’s programs and products.
- Work closely with partners
Needed qualification and skills:
- A bachelor degree in project management or relevant fields (graduate degree is preferable).
- At least five years of experience in operations/project management, especially in non-profit organizations.
- Strong knowledge of the Yemeni context.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (spoken and written).
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead teams from different departments in different locations with diverse backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work in complex environments.
- The ability to work independently and take the lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion on short deadlines.
- Has the ability to be proactive and layout team plans to address future scenarios in rapidly developing circumstances.
- Adaptable and able to respond quickly to challenges.
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Location: Yemen, but open to applicants abroad in the case of an exceptionally strong candidate.
Application Deadline: May 28, 2019.
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a cover letter, CV, and two writing samples (These do not need to be published; samples of reports will be accepted).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age. We will contact only those candidates who meet the qualifications.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.