The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is calling on Yemeni researchers to submit proposals for articles regarding the following topic areas:
- The UN-led peace process in Yemen;
- the post-conflict transitional process;
- US interventions in Yemen.
Researchers are required to:
- Produce a 3,000-4,000 word policy paper related to one of the topic areas mentioned above. This work will include:
- Conducting a desk review on relevant literature.
- Conducting interviews and meetings with relevant individuals and stakeholders.
- Analysing and synthesizing the collected data.
- Writing and submitting a draft of the policy paper in English.
- Working with the Sana’a Center program manager and editorial department in revising and editing the draft paper.
- Incorporating edits and revisions into a final version of the paper in English.
- Proofreading a translated Arabic version of the final paper.
- Mentor and supervise the assigned intern during the process of conducting the work.
Required qualifications and expertise:
- A bachelor’s degrees is essential but a masters or PhD is preferred.
- At least four years worth of research experience.
- Extensive experience in conducting research and writing policy papers related to Yemen.
- Familiarity with Yemen’s political, economic and social dynamics.
- Fluency in Arabic and a working knowledge of English.
- Experience in social research methods (i.e. interviewing, data analysis, etc.).
- Ability to perform and deliver as part of a team.
- Excellent political/conflict analysis skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, navigate challenging situations to meet strict deadlines.
Those interested are asked to submit the documents outlined below to email@example.com , by 15 November, 2018.
- A resume.
- A pitch of 300-400 words regarding your chosen topic.
- An outline of the proposed structure and a timeline for completion.
- List of previous publications and two writing samples