Grants and Partnership Manager
|Salary:||Dependent on experience.|
|Location:||Home-base , World , Yemen|
|Working hours:||8 hours per day|
|Application Deadline:||September 30, 2020|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Grants and Partnership Manager who will contribute to achieving quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including internal and donor compliance requirements, timely and quality reporting, as well as proposal development. S/he ensures Sana’a Center program/support teams are informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and Sana’a Center procedures, manages donor and other external and internal reporting, and coordinates grant and consultancies revisions. The Grants and Partnership Manager is directly responsible for supporting Project Managers and thematic Specialists in the development of proposals and reports. The Grants and partnership Manager further supports Program teams with proactive fundraising by maintaining a repository of tools and information on donor priorities and available assessments and research.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multilingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Sana’a, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Key responsibilities of a Grant Senior Officer
- Provide guidance to program and support colleagues on donor compliance and maintain donor information in internal grant management systems up to date, ensuring donor templates are readily available.
- Schedule, organize and record projects cycle management meetings, and review and ensure all mandatory internal documents are in place.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
- Support with capacity building of staff on donor rules and regulations, including update of donor rules and regulations handouts and reporting template.
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and the donors.
- Develop effective grant proposals and grant reports based on the organizational requirement.
- Lead on the development of high-quality reports, ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Engage in periodical meetings to understand the need of fundraising and procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Develop and maintain internal tools to support proposal development and contribute to the proposal development process as required.
- Understand the need of the organization and search for an appropriate funder in the market or related sources.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Gathers and presents accurate information to potential funders.
- Ensure that the proposals are in accordance with a funder’s requirement.
- Prepare budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Oversee the final budget chart of the organization to gain information and report to the donors.
- Monitors paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in a proper way as planned.
- Support with prospect research on donors to inform donor mapping and fundraising strategy.
- Develop and maintain proactive fundraising tools for presentation/information to donors.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a related field.
- Experience of donor relations and grants management.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations.
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing.
- Good personal organizational skills including time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable trustworthy and confidential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Arabic is is a highly valued asset.
- Holds self-accountability for making decisions, managing resources efficiently and holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Reports to: TBD
- Starting salary: To be determined based on experience
- Contract type: 12-month renewable
- Location: Flexible- Home-base
- Travel: 20% of time working
For those interested, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: 30th of September
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is an independent think-tank that seeks to foster change through knowledge production with a focus on Yemen and the surrounding region. The Center’s publications and programs, offered in both Arabic and English, cover political, social, economic and security related developments, aiming to impact policy locally, regionally, and internationally.