Grants and Partnership Manager
|Contract duration:||12-month renewable|
|Application Deadline:||July 20, 2022|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Grants and Partnership Manager.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while most of our team works remotely from locations across the country, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, access, networks and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to program and support colleagues on donor compliance and maintain donor information in internal grant management systems up to date, ensuring donor templates are readily available.
- Schedule, organize and record projects cycle management meetings, and review and ensure all mandatory internal documents are in place.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
- Support with capacity building of staff on donor rules and regulations, including update of donor rules and regulations handouts and reporting template.
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and the donors.
- Develop effective grant proposals and grant reports based on the organizational requirement.
- Lead on the development of high-quality reports, ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Engage in periodical meetings to understand the need of fundraising and procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Develop and maintain internal tools to support proposal development and contribute to the proposal development process as required.
- Understand the need of the organization and search for an appropriate funder in the market or related sources.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Gathers and presents accurate information to potential funders.
- Ensure that the proposals are in accordance with a funder’s requirement.
- Prepare budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Oversee the final budget chart of the organization to gain information and report to the donors.
- Monitors paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in a proper way as planned.
- Support with prospect research on donors to inform donor mapping and fundraising strategy.
- Develop and maintain proactive fundraising tools for presentation/information to donors.
Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the field of expertise
- Relevant experience from the project management
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Reports to: Director of Operations.
- Contract type: Fixed Term.
- Duration: 12-months, renewable based on the availability of funds.
- Starting salary: To be determined based on experience.
- Location: Remote.
- Joining date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected],
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: July 20, 2022
Only complete applications written in English will be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.