Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer
|Salary:||Depends on experience|
|Location:||World , Yemen|
|Working hours:||40 hours per week|
|Application Deadline:||April 25, 2020|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer who will contribute to achieving the highest-quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including internal and donor compliance, timely and quality reporting, and proposal development. S/he will ensure the Sana’a Center program and support teams are informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and internal procedures, manage donor and other external and internal reporting, and coordinate revisions for grants and consultancies. The Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer is directly responsible for supporting fundraising efforts and supporting project managers and thematic specialists in the development of proposals and reports. The Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer further supports program teams with proactive fundraising by maintaining a repository of tools and information on donor priorities and available assessments and research.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multilingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Sana’a, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Key responsibilities of Grants and Partnerships Senior Officer
- Provide guidance to colleagues in program and support teams on donor compliance. Maintain donor information in internal grant management systems, ensuring these are up to date and that donor templates are readily available;
- Develop and maintain proactive fundraising tools for presentation to donors;
- Support with prospect research on donors to inform donor mapping and fundraising strategy;
- Schedule, organize and record project cycle management Review and ensure all mandatory internal documents are in place;
- Support with capacity building of staff on donor rules and regulations, including updating donor rules and regulations handouts and reporting templates;
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and the donors;
- Develop effective grant proposals and grant reports based on organizational requirements;
- Lead on the development of high quality reports, ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports;
- Engage in periodical meetings to understand the needs of fundraising and procedures necessary to obtain funding;
- Develop and maintain internal tools to support proposal development and contribute to the proposal development process as required;
- Gather and present accurate information to potential funders;
- Prepare budget plans and allocation in coordination with the planning and finance departments;
- Oversee the final budget chart of the organization to gain information and report to the donors;
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs;
- Ensure that the funds are utilized as planned.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a related field;
- Experience of donor relations and grant management;
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations;
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing;
- Good knowledge of Grant Management Systems (GMS);
- Good personal organizational skills including time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and team working skills;
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Highly approachable and trustworthy;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Arabic is a highly valued asset;
- Holds self accountable for making decisions and managing resources efficiently and holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
- Starting salary: To be determined based on experience
- Contract type: 12-month renewable
- Travel: 10% of time working
For those interested, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
- One sample report and one sample proposal you developed.
Application Deadline: 25th April
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is an independent think-tank that seeks to foster change through knowledge production with a focus on Yemen and the surrounding region. The Center’s publications and programs, offered in both Arabic and English, cover diplomatic, political, social, economic, military, security, humanitarian and human rights related developments, aiming to impact policy locally, regionally, and internationally.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.