Human Resources Officer
|Salary:||Dependent on experience.|
|Location:||World , Yemen|
|Working hours:||8 hours per day|
|Application Deadline:||February 10, 2020|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Human Resources officer. The selected candidate will work closely with the Head of Operations and all Sana’a Center staff. Primary duties would involve recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers. He/she will also handle employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training as well as overall wellbeing aspects of staff.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for implementing recruitment procedures in accordance with the Sana’a Center’s recruitment policies and in coordination with respective teams.
- Technical support in recruiting staff – this includes support program managers in developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Provide information to staff, supervisors on human resource and work related issues.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the center.
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Liaise with finance department and maintain a database of budgeted positions, employees’ status, vacant positions, and work toward finding suitable candidates to fill vacant positions.
- Work under the head of operations in planning the recruitment cycle and requirements to fill new positions.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters for the selected candidates issue them.
- Develop and regularly update an employee database.
- Maintain and regularly update personnel files.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Social Sciences.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in human resources and administration.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations is an asset.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Reports to: Head of Operations
- Starting salary: Will be determined based on experience.
- Contract type: 12-month renewable
- Location: Yemen, but open to applicants abroad in the case of an exceptionally strong candidate.
- Travel: 20% of time working
For those interested, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: 10th of Feburary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is an independent think-tank that seeks to foster change through knowledge production with a focus on Yemen and the surrounding region. The Center’s publications and programs, offered in both Arabic and English, cover political, social, economic and security related developments, aiming to impact policy locally, regionally, and internationally.