|Salary:||Depends on experience|
|Location:||World , Yemen|
|Working hours:||40 hours per week|
|Application Deadline:||February 22, 2020|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Program Manager. The selected candidate will work closely with the Head of Operations and all Sana’a Center teams. Primary duties will include overseeing and guiding the center’s program activities, while also serving as the primary point of contact with donors, partner organizations and other external parties. S/he must effectively manage relationships between the Sana’a Center and partner organization staff to establish and oversee all program activities.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Role and Responsibilities
Leadership and Program Quality:
- With key program staff and stakeholders, ensure programs’ strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Ensure that vision and plans for programs are innovative and are in line with the Sana’a Center’s program strategies.
- Ensure strong linkages are built between the Sana’a Center, partners and relevant government authorities inside and outside Yemen.
- Oversee periodic technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus.
- Ensure proper archiving of all the essential documents, both programmatic and financial, related to the project.
- In collaboration with program staff, ensure that lessons learned are documented and disseminated.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation system. Ensure that M&E learning is incorporated into evolving program plans.
- Ensure integration between Sana’a Center programs.
- With program staff, ensure the delivery of quality mentoring, technical assistance and follow up on all administrative and financial aspects of projects, including the selection and coordination of consultants.
- Ensure program staff compliance with all Sana’a Center administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Approve program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status; review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the Sana’a Center’s Head of Operation, oversee program communication strategies, including compliance with donor branding and visibility requirements as well as Sana’a Center communication procedures.
- Lead capacity needs assessments of the program team and establish resources needed to build team members’ skills.
Human Resource Management:
- Lead, manage and supervise Sana’a Center staff to meet program objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance according to Sana’a Center performance management indicators and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity and teamwork.
- Manage recruitment portfolio for program staff, in collaboration with Human Resources and Sana’a Center senior management, to ensure recruitment of competent and qualified staff.
- Develop terms of reference for all program consultants and ensure that they are fulfilling their tasks.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration or management; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in managing large projects with intense activity schedules and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working on donor funded projects. Experience with EU-funded projects an asset.
- Knowledgeable regarding Yemen and the ongoing conflict, including the socio-political context, current dynamics, and the perspectives and rhetoric of the warring parties.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- English and Arabic language with excellent verbal and written skills
- Experienced in report writing. Knowledge of research and policy documents is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of standard office software packages (Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Ability to work under pressure and able to participate in project activities in Yemen and abroad.
- Must be able to travel frequently.
For those interested, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
- One sample report and one sample proposal you developed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.