The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Yemeni national Project Coordinator. The selected candidate will be overseeing the implementation of a project which seeks to leverage technological solutions to reduce civilian harm in Yemen by working closely with the Project Manager and all project staff. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and oversight of field offices and activities in various locations, acting as a point of liaison between the head of field offices and the programme management team.
- Delegate tasks and outline responsibilities for field staff as determined by the programme’s objectives and as communicated by the programme management team.
- Maintain daily communication with the head of each field office and further develop systems for weekly and monthly written reporting, to be distilled for communication to the programme management team.
- Maintain close oversight of programme activities, security and work plans, reporting regularly to the programme manager through written weekly status updates and more regular ad-hoc correspondence as required.
- Coordinate the recruitment process for new field staff, working closely with HR and reporting to the programme and senior management team. Lead in the drafting of ToRs for field staff, working closely with the programme manager and HR.
- Work closely with the programme manager to design and develop the programme’s monitoring and evaluation framework to feed into the internal processes of the Sana’a Center and to fulfill donor reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the programme manager and programme senior management to determine the strategic direction of the field offices and activities.
- Attend meetings with the programme partners as required for activities relating to the field offices.
- Act as a point of contact between the field teams and managers of other Sana’a Center programmes to support the center’s research requirements.
- Work with the programme managers at the Sana’a Center and partner organisations to develop training curricula for the field teams, facilitating these sessions when required and assisting in preparing training materials.
- Work with the programme managers at the Sana’a Center and partner organisations to develop implementation plans for new activities undertaken by field teams as part of the programme, maintaining a close focus on security and risk assessments.
- Assist other teams within the programme in the development of products and activities by designing, coordinating and overseeing information requirement exercises and research.
- Provide feedback from the field teams to other teams within the programme to improve performance indicators for the programme activities.
- Coordinate with the Sana’a Center’s financial team to meet the programme’s financial documentation requirements as the portend to the field teams.
- Assist in budget planning based on deep understanding of field activity requirements and projections for future needs.
- Assist in coordination with the field team researchers relating to the project’s publication deliverables as required.
- Attend meetings with relevant stakeholders as required.
- At least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, international development or any related fields.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in a project management or coordinator role in a relevant sector, involving oversight of activities at multiple locations.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel within and outside Yemen.
- Excellent time management, presentation and communication skills are a must.
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Starting salary: Will be determined based on experience.
- Contract type: 12-month renewable
- Travel: 40% of time working
For those interested, please email email@example.com with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
- In subject line please write the job title “Project Coordinator”
Application Deadline: 2nd of September 2020.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.
|Job Category||Program management|