|Salary:||Depends on experience|
|Contract duration:||12-month renewable|
|Working hours:||40 hours per week|
|Application Deadline:||March 20, 2022|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Project Manager. The selected candidate will work closely with all Sana’a Center different departments.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while most of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East, and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall management of all aspects of assigned project(s)
- Adherence to Sana’a Center policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain overall project guidance and documentation in terms of work plans/budget, spending plans, MEAL plans, and procurement plans.
- Work closely with the relevant Technical Leads, MEAL, Research and Editing teams and coordinate efforts pertaining to projects you manage among the different teams.
- Support staff to provide appropriate guidance and managerial support to implement the project in line with the objectives laid out in the donor-approved proposal.
- Implement the project in collaboration with other Sana’a Center colleagues, partner agencies and staff, and donors.
- Ensure that the project is implemented in a consultative, participative, and gender-sensitive way.
- Lead in preparing mid-term and final reports for the donor in collaboration with program teams, technical and research teams, grants manager, and support teams. Ensure narrative reporting and financial accounting meet Sana’a Center and donor’s requirements.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Officer, implement monitoring, evaluation and learning activities, and the preparation of associated reports.
- Provide regular progress reports to the management board highlighting operational successes and challenges.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Support and promote program quality and project strengthening activities e.g. project quality meetings, and learning workshops/events.
- Lead communication with donors and partners in coordination with the Center’s senior management.
Qualification and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in program management/ senior-level project implementation position in an NGO/INGO.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical expertise in research, youth, and accountability activities (preferred).
- Experience in managing medium to large budgets (essential).
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal (essential).
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about leadership skills/profile.
- Report writing skills (essential).
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking.
- Initiating action and change.
- Reports to: Deputy Executive Director.
- Contract type: Fixed Term.
- Duration: 12-month renewable based on the fund availability.
- Starting salary: To be determined based on experience.
- Location: Remote.
- Joining date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply by sending a CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected],
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: March 20, 2022
Only complete applications written in English will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.