|Salary:||Dependent on experience.|
|Location:||World , Yemen|
|Working hours:||8 hours per day|
|Application Deadline:||February 10, 2020|
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Project Officer. The selected candidate will work closely with the Program Manager, program staff, local consultants, and the center’s finance and administration departments. The Project Officer will support the Project Manager in program implementation, which will include supporting the implementation of activities on the ground, logistical support, effective communication with local consultants as well as partners, manage learning and documentation.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, support the design of program activities (including proposal development) with clear timelines and deliverables, when applicable.
- Be responsible for organizing project events such as seminars, meetings and workshops, inside and outside of Yemen, in coordination with Sana’a Center partners.
- Prepare and develop reports for events (meetings, workshops, training seminars, etc.) as required by the project manager.
- Ensure proper filing of project documents.
- Be responsible for arranging travel and accommodation for participants of project events and workshops, including Sana’a Center staff.
- Ensure material supplies necessary for events (stationary, cameras, projectors, etc) are present and available.
- Coordinate timely and efficient implementation of project activities in accordance with the approved action plans.
- Work closely with the finance officer and admin assistant under the PM’s direction to ensure all logistical and administrative preparations are implemented in a cost-effective manner for project events.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, taking minutes, drafting letters, and translation of project documents from Arabic to English and vice versa when needed.
- Oversee the development and dissemination of public and online materials regarding project activities and events.
- Report all activities on a weekly basis to the line manager.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration or management. Experience working in NGOs/INGOs.
- Experience in coordinating large projects, including intense activity schedules with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects. Experience with EU-funded projects an asset.
- Knowledgeable regarding Yemen and the ongoing conflict, including the socio-political context, current dynamics, and the perspectives and rhetoric of the warring parties.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in Arabic and English skills both verbal and written.
- Strong writing skills, including report writing. Knowledge of research and policy documents is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Ability to work under pressure and to participate in project activities in Yemen and abroad.
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Starting salary: Will be determined based on experience
- Contract type: 12-month renewable
- Location: Yemen, but open to applicants abroad in the case of an exceptionally strong candidate.
- Travel: 50% of time working
For those interested, please email [email protected] with the following:
- Your CV and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: 10th of Feburary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is an independent think-tank that seeks to foster change through knowledge production with a focus on Yemen and the surrounding region. The Center’s publications and programs, offered in both Arabic and English, cover political, social, economic and security related developments, aiming to impact policy locally, regionally, and internationally.