|The Sana’a Center’s Program Director
|Coordinating the work of Sana’a Center’s gender programs in Yemen.
|Six months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and funding.
About the Sana’a Center:
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is an independent think-tank that seeks to foster change through knowledge production with a focus on Yemen and the surrounding region. The Center’s publications and programs, offered in both Arabic and English, cover political, social, economic and security related developments, aiming to impact policy locally, regionally, and internationally.
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that continues to operate in Yemen. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond, distinguishing itself as an emerging leader in Yemen-related research and analysis.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders. The Sana’a Center provides consultation services, including monitoring and evaluation, and technical and analytical advice in the fields of humanitarian, economic, political, civil and social development.
Based in Yemen, the project coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the work of Sana’a Center’s gender programs in Yemen, and that includes:
- Develop action plans and timelines of the assigned projects
- Ensure effective and professional implementation of the project in accordance to the agreed plan and allocated budgets
- Establish relationships with center’s partners and stakeholders
- Report all project’s activities and ensure the full implementation of the project activities.
- Coordinate activities and events of the Sana’a Center inside Yemen and (when needed outside Yemen).
- Work closely with the finance team and ensure compliance of the project
- Oversee the work of consultants under assigned projects.
- Identify and recruit local researchers and analysts.
- Ensure that Sana’a Center policies are applied in all aspects of the assigned projects.
- Manage administrative needs of assigned projects.
- At least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, international development or any related fields.
- A minimum of three years experience working as a project manager in program management.
- Experience working with gender issues in Yemen,
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills and has the ability to establish professional relationships with partners.
- Ability to work in a fluid and stressful environment and enjoy a high level of flexibility.
- The ability to travel within and outside Yemen.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, your C.V. to [email protected] no later than 30 June, 2018.