Call for Proposal – Event Coverage: Photography and Videography for the Yemen International Forum 12-15 June 2023
|Application Deadline:||April 14, 2023 at 06:00 PM, Sana'a time|
(Candidates must be based in the Netherlands)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: The Hague, Netherlands
Duration: 12-15 June 2023
Deadline for Submission of Proposal: April 14, 2023, 18:00 Sana’a Time
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies (SCSS), an independent and not-for-profit policy and research think tank on Yemen, is calling for proposal submissions for high quality, professional photography and videography documentation to cover our upcoming event, the Yemen International Forum (YIF), scheduled to take place from June 12 to 15 in The Hague, Netherlands.
The Yemen International Forum (YIF) is the largest international annual conference bringing together Yemeni civil and political actors to engage in constructive dialogue on the future of their country. The YIF conference is part of a larger initiative that includes consultations with Yemeni experts and stakeholders, production of research based on the conference outcomes, and extensive regional and international shuttle diplomacy that takes place throughout the year. Over 250 participants are expected to participate in this year’s conference.
In preparation for the conference, we are looking for a dynamic photography and videography team to cover our four-day event, from 12-15 June ( seeking 3 videographers and 1 photographer to cover the opening day and 2 videographers and 1 photographer to cover the three remaining days).
Outputs and Deliverables
The photographer/videographer will be responsible for delivering the following outputs:
- High quality still photos from the YIF event for use in the Sana’a Center website, YIF microsite, social media, and publications.
- Close coordination with the Sana’a Center communications team in the production of videos/short videos using video footage collected from the public sessions, for use in the website and social media posts.
- Production of short video interviews for use in the Sana’a Center’s website and social media posts.
- Production of a series of short summary videos (1 per day/4 in total) for use in the Sana’a Center’s website and social media posts.
- Production of 4 raw footage files, summarizing each day for sharing with the media.
- Production of a five-minute video summarizing the 4-day event for use in the Sana’a Center website and social media posts.
- Filming of 5 podcast episodes with three-point lighting
*All Raw photos and video footage needs to be handed over to the Sana’a Center communications team.
- Excellent photography and videography skills
- Extensive experience in documenting and covering events of this scale
- Resident in the Netherlands.
- Expectation to cover the event for 8 hours per day.
- Provision of links to previous work
How to Apply
A proposal complete with quote should be submitted by April 14, 2023, and sent to [email protected]. For further questions and clarifications, please contact us by email.
Kindly specify your location in the quote
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.