The Sana’a Center is Seeking a Graphic Designer
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer.
We are a dynamic, highly mobile, multi-lingual team with diverse backgrounds and expertise. Our main office is in Yemen, while the majority of our team works remotely from locations across Yemen, around the Middle East and in Western capitals. Among our core strengths are our versatility, initiative, access, networks, and audacity. We seek new team members who would complement this dynamic.
- Take part in the planning, preparation and design of Sanaa Center creative visuals
- Design, edit and modify infographics, maps, PDFs, communication tools, and sheets
- Handle the production of the material according to Sana’a Center’s corporate identity (business cards, PDFs for reports, etc.) on Illustrator
- Collaborate with researchers, and conduct independent research to collect the required data for designing infographics and maps
- Work with the Editorial Department to ensure all graphics are technically correct before publication
- Edit photos for use in Sana’a Center publications
- Create and edit videos using Premiere and After Effects
Needed qualification and skills:
- 3-5 years work experience in Graphic Design
- Computer literate, with excellent knowledge and working experience in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel
- Fluency in both Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Creative, detail-oriented and well organized
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the Yemeni context is a plus
- Experience working and creating maps in ArcGIS is a plus
- Experience using online infographic-dedicated websites such as Visme, Genially, Canva, and Adobe Spark is a plus
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Location: Work is remote.
Application Deadline: October 5, 2020
Interested applicants should email email@example.com with a CV, short cover letter and examples of past work (preferably infographics and maps).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age. We will contact only those candidates who meet the qualifications.
More about the Sana’a Center:
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing armed conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique positioning and ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Sana’a Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policy makers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.