Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) – Interpreters for the Yemen International Forum, 12-15 June 2023
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: The Hague, Netherlands
Duration: 13-15 June 2023
Deadline for Proposal Submission: Monday – May 1, 2023 @ 18.00 Sana’a Time
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies (SCSS), an independent and not-for-profit policy and research think tank on Yemen, is calling for applications from qualified interpreters (Arabic/English/Arabic) interested in providing in-person interpretation services during our upcoming conference, the Yemen International Forum, scheduled to take place from 12-15 June in The Hague, Netherlands.
The Yemen International Forum (YIF) is the largest international annual conference bringing together Yemeni civil and political actors to engage in constructive dialogue on the future of their country. The YIF conference is part of a larger initiative that includes consultations with Yemeni experts and stakeholders, production of research based on the conference outcomes, and extensive regional and international shuttle diplomacy that takes place throughout the year. Over 250 participants are expected to participate in this year’s conference.
Interpreters who wish to apply must fulfill the below requirements and submit their CVs (including a list of events they interpreted for) plus quotations. The pre-qualification process will be followed by a Request for Proposal (RFP) from applicants resulting in the selection of successful candidate(s).
- Provision of quality, in-person Arabic/English/Arabic interpretation (simultaneous/consecutive) throughout three working days (13 to 15 June 2023), using mainstream terminology.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ability to work in-person, with no travel restrictions to the host country.
- A Master’s degree in Interpretation with a minimum of two to three years’ experience as an interpreter (preferably with international organizations).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interpretation, with a minimum of five years’ experience as an interpreter, preferably with international organizations.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience as an interpreter, preferably with international organizations (if the degree obtained is in a different discipline).
- A background on Yemen and previous experience working on Yemeni contexts will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their applications to our email [email protected] by Monday- May 1, 2023, @ 18.00 Sana’a Time
*Kindly note the conference takes place over four days (from 12-15 June), but interpreters will be needed for three days (13-15 June).
The Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies
Founded in 2014, the Sana’a Center is one of the few independent research centers that has continued to operate in Yemen throughout the ongoing conflict. While the Center maintains cordial relations with all key stakeholders, it has remained fiercely unaligned with any of the belligerent parties. The Sana’a Center has thus maintained a unique position and the ability to work throughout Yemen and beyond.
The Center maintains a strong network across Yemen with access to key political, military and security figures, tribal leaders, the financial sector, economists, journalists, humanitarian actors, civil society, and other important stakeholders. The Center has also established a broad network and presence within the international community, connecting it to international organizations, diplomatic circles, regional and international policymakers, research centers and global forums.
The Sana’a Center’s reports and researchers are widely quoted in local, regional, and international media outlets, while the analysis of the Center’s experts is regularly sought out by local and international stakeholders.